The Makalu FX Carbon will support you on your next mountain adventure. The Makalu FX Carbon comes with the newly developed Aergon Air that has been improved in countless ways and has been redesigned in terms of comfort and control. Special hollow core technology combines lightweight construction and large, supportive surfaces that meet all the ergonomic requirements of your hand. The back of the Aergon Air grip is fully rubberized for maximum grip and control when going downhill. The inclined angle supports your wrist for optimal guidance and placement of the pole and contributes to safety on the mountain. The Makalu FX Carbon provides the ultimate tool for comfortable and secure outings. The Makalu FX Carbon is infinitely adjustable from 110 – 130 cm using the durable Speed Lock 2 plus lever system. This pole folds into three sections when not in use making it easy to quickly stow away in your pack when not in use.
• Aergon Air: The ultimate, ergonomic trekking grip with a maximum of control, support and comfort. The redesigned Aergon Air features a special hollow core technology that combines lightweight construction and large, supportive surfaces. The rubberized top provides optimal grip and control on descents. Integrated 8° positive angle keeps wrists in a neutral and comfortable position.
• Extended foam grip: Provides multiple locations to grasp when climbing or traversing.
• Lock Security Skin Strap: Adjustable security strap made from breathable, lightweight and extra soft material for maximum comfort.
• High modular carbon: super light and stiff for optimal swing weight.
• The user-friendly External-Locking-Device (ELD) lets you quickly deploy the poles or fold them into 3 sections, releasing the pole tension is easy with a push of the ELD button. The small collapsed length offers easy packability.
• Speed Lock 2+: Fast and easy adjustment of the pole length even whilst wearing gloves. Smaller, lighter and 20% higher holding force than SL 1. Adjust the tension as needed without using tools.
• Trekking Basket 2.0: prevents sinking into soft surfaces and protects the lower shaft.
• Interchangeable basket system: makes it easy to screw on/off various LEKI baskets (not included) for different seasons or uses; offset threads help to keep the baskets securely in place.
• Universal carbide flextip for more precise pole use and perfect grip in nearly all terrains.