The Wanderfreund AntiShock DSS Trekking Staff offers LEKI's legendary quality and reliability with a "cane" style grip for those that need extra support or load relief on or off the trail. The unique Aergomed grip allows for a comfortable, secure grip and allows for extreme load bearing. 3-section, 7075 Series heat-treated Aluminum shafts adjust from 62-120 cm (24.5"- 47"). The Speedlock 2 is Lek's latest generation of external locking systems. It is 1/3 smaller, 1/4 lighter, and has a 20% stronger locking force than Leki's original Speedlock. This system utilizes direct compression force to lock the pole shafts into place. It also features Leki's new Dynamic Suspension System (DSS) which is the next generation of anti-shock trekking pole technology, designed to protect muscles, joints, and ligaments. The carbide flextips are replaceable and offer the most secure hold on any terrain and surface. Includes rubber tip attachment for use indoors and on pavement (rubber tips remove easily as carbide tip should be exposed for trail use). Color: Grey and Black. Pack Length: 24.5". Weight: 9.7 oz. each. Import.
- AERGOMED Grip: has the same features as the Aergon Grip (air + ergonomics) plus it provides a large, comfortable support for the palm for maximum load bearing. It is one of the latest pole innovations offered by Leki. The revolutionary, edgeless outer shape can either be palmed or held traditionally, for a variety of gripping options. A rubberized and dimpled top provides a comfortable, textured grip and a large support area on top of the grip for a secure hold. Includes integrated security wrist strap. Developed in cooperation with professional mountain guides
- SpeedLock 2: Lek's latest generation of external locking systems. It is 1/3 smaller, 1/4 lighter, and has a 20% stronger locking force than Leki's original Speedlock. This system utilizes direct compression force to lock the pole shafts into place. Touted as the most powerful external locking system in the world. The SpeedLock 2 utilizes an integrated stainless steel pressure plate that provides a vise-like clamp to hold the pole adjustment in place. The cam style lock is made of fiberglass reinforced polyamid. It can be opened and shut easily with one hand, even when wearing gloves!
- Dynamic Suspension System (DSS) is the next generation of anti-shock trekking pole technology, designed to protect muscles, joints, and ligaments. A durable elastomer cushion is placed as close to the point of impact as possible, the tip of the pole, allowing for reduction of peak impacts by approximately 40%. This is the optimal dampening feature to enable a controlled pole plant. The system is always "on" to provide shock absorption, with a travel of 1cm.
- Carbide Flextips: concave, cylindrical tips offer secure hold on all terrain and surfaces; Carbide is extremely hard and durable; entire tip ferrule (Flextip) is replaceable
- Rubber Tip Attachment: easily attaches/removes from carbide Flextip; meant for use indoors or on pavement only. Remove tip to expose carbide while on trails
- Interchangeable Basket System: baskets easily thread on and off; different size basket options allow poles to be customized for many activities (walking, trekking, backcountry touring, etc.
- 3-section adjustable: adjustment range 62-120 cm (24.5"-47"). Wt. 9.07 oz/each
- Sold Individually