While the debate over platform pedals versus clipless continues to rage on, you can't really argue the benefits of improved pedaling efficiency when it comes to being clipped in. These days, in both BMX and downhill, both traditional platform holdouts, more and more cyclist are using clipless and after a short learning curve, riding clipped in is way better, especially with options as comfy and stylish as the SH-AM5 Cycling Shoe from Shimano. Becoming one with your bike saves energy, makes maneuvering the bike easier, and you don't have to worry about blowing off the pedals and bashing your shins against the sharp edges of your flats.
The AM5 uses a durable synthetic leather upper with mesh to keep your feet safe from errant trail debris without giving up breathability. Its lace closure, with included alternate color spare laces, allow for a near-custom fit while the high-grip rubber sole with toe and heel traction tread improve grip on those hike-a-bike exploits.
- A stylish off-road shoe that boosts efficiency
- Synthetic leather upper is supple and durable
- Mesh inserts increase ventilation and breathability
- Gripp rubber sole increases grip on rocks and roots
- Lace closure is reliable and maintenance free
- The pedal channel offers a stable shoe to pedal platform when not clipped in