National Geographic's recreational map of Harriman - Bear Mountain & Sterling Forest State Parks is a two-sided~ waterproof map designed to meet the needs of outdoor enthusiasts with unmatched durability and detail. Loaded with valuable safety tips~ guidelines for outdoor recreation~ park contact information and more~ the map also includes a UTM and Latitude/Longitude grid~ as well as selected waypoints and a scale bar for easy and accurate navigation.
The Appalachian Trail~ Long Path Trail~ and other national recreational trails wind through the region. Each trail is clearly indicated as is trail mileage~ park and forest boundaries~ parking areas~ and access points. Trail use is noted for horseback riding~ cross-country skiing~ and biking. Whether RV camping or "roughing it"~ campers will appreciate the inclusion of RV dump stations~ group campsites~ shelters~ restrooms~ and more. Year-round activities abound in the region and the location of scenic overlooks~ lookout towers~ downhill ski areas~ boat rentals~ fishing access points~ and other points of interest make this map as highly functional as it is remarkably crafted.
The front or south side of the map includes the southern portion of Harriman and Sterling Forest State Parks~ stretching from the New Jersey border and the southern tip of the Ramapo Mountains north to Mombasha Lake and Lake Tiorati. The back of the map shows the northern half of the two parks and Bear Mountain State Park on the Hudson River.
Coverage Included: Appalachian Trail~ Long Path~ Highlands Trail~ Greenway Water Trail~ county Parks and Open Spaces
- Detailed trail charts and mileages included
- Printed on waterproof - tear resistant paper
- Shows lakes~ Parking lots~ fishing areas~ boat ramps~ shelters and much more
- Includes all pertinent info and phone numbers of the agencies involved with the parks
- Printed in vivid~ vibrant multi colors for ease of use
- Dimensions - Folded size: 4.25" x 9.25" - Unfolded size: 26" x 38"
- Scale: 1:30~000 (1" = .05 Miles)
- Contour Interval - 20 ft
- Year - 2011
- ISBN - 9781566956079
- GPS compatible with full UTM grids.