The Chiru MIPS lets you push your limits mountain biking without sacrificing safety. A low friction MIPS layer and deep coverage at the sides and rear of the helmet safeguard your head against unexpected knocks. Chiru MIPS has the Virginia Tech 5-Star safety rating.
The Chiru MIPS pairs extended coverage with a MIPS layer to give you excellent protection. Chiru MIPS has been awarded the Virginia Tech 5-Star “Best Available” safety rating. Stay comfortable on all-day epics: the Turnfit+ System retention system and adjustable head basket will keep your helmet secure while eliminating pressure points.
A color-matched integrated visor will help prevent squinting, so you can keep shredding on the sunny days. Fifteen well-placed air vents promote airflow even on slow, technical climbs.
- Adjustable Head Basket Allows the back part of the retention system to be adjusted up and down depending upon your preference and comfort. The nylon ratchet system can be pushed high and out of the way, or low for a feeling of increased security.
- Increased protection The dropped profile provides additional coverage and protection around the sides and the rear of your head.
- MIPS layer The Multi-Directional Impact Protection System (MIPS) helps reduce the risk of rotational brain injury by isolating your head from the rotation of the helmet shell in the event of an impact.
- Virginia Tech 5-Star Safety Rating The Virginia Tech impact testing uses the STAR evaluation system to determine the helmet’s ability to reduce linear acceleration and rotational velocity of the head resulting from a range of impacts a cyclist might experience. 5-Star indicates the “Best Available” rating possible. Virginia Tech recommends the use of any 4- or 5-star rated helmet
- WEIGHT 335g
- MATERIAL EPS Foam
- Polycarbonate Nylon
- FIT SYSTEM Turnfit+ System (TS+)
- VENTILATION 15
- ROTATIONAL PROTECTION MIPS
- CERTIFICATION CPSC