The Wilderness Solutions Firelight II Fire Piston is a highly engineered, highly reliable fire starter. The Firelight II Fire Piston is constructed entirely from modern space age materials and engineered to hold up under the harshest outdoor environments. This compression fire starter was designed with the modern hiker, backpacker and survivalist in mind and features a high compression O ring seal for dependability. If you are looking for a sure fire way to start a fire when all other methods have failed or are unavailable the Fire Piston is what you are looking for. At the moment of ignition, a burst of light is emitted inside the fire piston. The transparent FireLight pistons reveal this flash of light as a tiny explosion of heat. They also feature the patent pending 2nd Generation pressure relief valve.
- Reliable, simple fire starter
- Perfect for survivalists
- Perfect for emegency kits
- Makes a great gift
- Includes a lanyard & a pressure relief valve for easier operation
- BONUS - includes a bonus Ferocerium rod (fire steel) and striker to make sparks for an alternative way to strike a fire - it's hidden in the shaft.
- Simple to use - step by step instructions included
- Rugged and durable
- Includes Char cloth for starting tinder
- Includes spare 'O' ring
- Note: This is not a fire starter to start your BBQ or light your cigar. It is a proven method to start fires when other methods are unavailable. It requires a little skill and patience to use this product. It is not a butane lighter. It creates a spark which you will build into a fire using tinder and other flammable materials.
- Weight = 3.5 oz
- Dimensions = 4.25" x 1.25"
how does this firestarter work? and how long will it last?
Asked on 5/1/2013 by DAVID HARLEY RIDER from SPRINGFIELD MO
Pack a little tinder into the chamber and hit forcefully against a solid surface and a spark will ignite the tinder and you then use the tinder that can be used to start a fire.
Answered on 5/3/2013 by Steve from Campmor