The Kahtoola Microspikes ice traction system are designed for sure footing on any terrain, for users of any age, in any icy condition. With a pair of the Kahtoola Microspikes you will be ready to handle whatever nature throws your way - Both in the wilderness and around town. When you encounter challenging terrain - scree, ice, snow, wet rocks, slick sidewalks - just take them out and slip them on. The thoughtfully designed silicon upper stays flexible to -76f, and does not require any laces, straps, or fuss to give you sure footing in challenging conditions.
- Redesigned for 2013 with additional spikes (size XS is unchanged)
- Easier to use than a full crampon (you can run in them!) but still provides amazing grip and traction
- Thoughtfully designed upper attaches with no straps - simply pull them onto your shoes and go
- 3/8" stainless steel spikes are long enough to grip but not cumbersome when walking
- Flex chain construction prevents snow buildup and will not wear through
- Upper harness remains flexible to -76 degrees
- To fit hiking boots and sneakers:
- XS - Men's1-4
- S - Men's4.5-7, Women's 5.5-8.5
- M - Men's 7-11, Women's 8.5-12
- L -Men's 11-14
- XL - Men's 14-16
- To fit bulkier insulated boots:
- M - Men's 6-8.5, Women's 7.5-10
- L -Men's 8.5-11, Women's 10-12.5
- XL - Men's 11-13.5
My husband has a hiking boot (Vasque) size 11, should I go ahead and get the large size? He's obviously right in the middle of the sizing scale for medium and large.
Asked on 12/5/2013 by Allison from Pittsburg, KS
I would use a size L.
Answered on 12/10/2013 by Steve from Campmor
If I do a lot of walking for my job, will the sharp spikes wear down causing me to slip on the ice. If so, are the spikes replaceable?
Asked on 11/10/2013 by Hank
The Kahtoola Microspikes sharp spikes could be dulled if walked long enough on rocks, concrete, etc....the spikes are not replaceable.
Answered on 11/11/2013 by Bob from Campmor