The SOL Escape® Bivvy by Adventure Medical Kits is nothing less than a revolution in backcountry shelters. Unlike other ultra-light emergency shelters where condensation builds up inside leaving you and your clothes soaking wet, with the Escape® Bivvy, it's no longer an issue. The proprietary fabric lets moisture escape while preventing rain, snow, and wind from coming inside, all while reflecting your body heat back to you. Waterproof seams plus a drawstring hood closure and side zip mean you can seal out the elements entirely. High-vis orange makes you easy to spot by rescuers.
- Breathable - stay warm AND dry.
- Highly water-resistant fabric keeps you dry, even in soggy conditions.
- Reflects 70% of radiated body heat.
- Durable fabric resists punctures and tears.
- High-visibility orange exterior makes it easy for rescuers to spot you, even in forested areas.
- Waterproof seams.
- Drawstring hood closure.
- Side zip.
- Option to use the bivvy like a traditional sleeping bag.
- Size: 84"x31".
- Wt. 8.5 oz.
Can this be used over a standard mummy sleeping bag? What is the maximum dimensions sleeping back recommended?
Asked on 2/23/2012 by Anonymous
This bag measures 36 by 84 inches. It is equal in size if not slightly larger than most sleeping bags. It is really only meant to be an emergncy bag however. NOt for use over another bag.
Answered on 2/24/2012 by Betty
This is an "emergency" item. Would not say it would replace a sleeping bag unless the temp is greater than 50 degree F.
Answered on 2/29/2012 by sdj from WI