The Black Diamond ATC Belay Rappel Device is often copied, but never equaled; the ATC provides lightweight and durable belaying and rappelling performance anytime, anywhere. This classic design features a large surface area that dissipates heat when lowering or rappelling, and the smooth-handling geometry accommodates rope sizes from 7.7 mm to 11 mm.
- The classic belay rappel device.
- Minimalist, easy-to-use design is well suited for a wide variety of climbing situations.
- Large surface area dissipates heat while lowering or rappelling.
- Durable cable holds its shape and resists getting caught between ropes.
- Accommodates ropes from 7.7-11mm.
- Weight: 2.1 oz. (60g).
- Weather Resistant
How does this work? I'm looking for a safety device for use when working on a roof and to provide easy adjustment of positioning.
Asked on 7/5/2011 by dumbquestionsjohn from St. Marys, WV
This item should not be used by anyone that is not well versed in how to use climbing equipment.
Answered on 7/7/2011 by Betty