The Sawyer Point One Squeeze Water Filter is one of the lightest and most versatile filtration systems on the market. With a total weight of 3 oz. and the ability to roll up, it takes up virtually no space in your pack. Simply fill up the pouch at a lake, stream or river and screw the filter directly onto the pouch. Squeeze the bag through the filter into your container of choice or drink directly from the filter, which has a built in push pull cap. The filter also attaches to most threaded water bottles including 2 liter bottles.
- Light and versatile filtration system.
- Lightweight design rolls up compactly to take up minimal pack space.
- Fill pouch from stream, river or lake, screw on the filter and squeeze.
- Drink directly from filter or attach your own water bottle.
- Replacement pouches (set of 3) Campmor Item No. 84705.
- Removes up to 7 log (99.99999%) of all bacteria like salmonella, cholera and E coli. and 6 log (99.99999%) of all protozoa such as Giardia and Cryptosporidium.
- All Sawyer water filters exceed EPA removal rates and these are the highest rates available.
- Kit includes: Point One Squeeze Water Filter / 3 lightweight durable collapsible pouches; 0.5 L, 1 L and 2L sizes / 1 replaceable pop up drinking spout / 1 cleaning syringe / cleaning and maintenance instructions
- Maximum weight (with largest pouch) 3 oz.
I have not heard of anyone using the Sawyer Squeeze with a Platypus bottle. It appears the greatest problem with the Squeeze is the weakness of the Sawyer bottles. Is the thread on the Sawyer Squeeze filter compatible with Platy bottle threads?
Asked on 5/9/2014 by TicTac from Minnesota
Will this remove viruses and bacteria?
Asked on 11/10/2012 by J95mlr from United States
This filter will remove bacteria and protozoa. You would need a purification method to remove viruses.
Answered on 11/13/2012 by Anonymous
How much reasonably clear water should I anticipate filtering before filter replacement.
Asked on 1/18/2012 by Ed from Southern Illinois
According to Sawyer as long as you back wash the filter element with clean water the element will out last the bags. Essentially life time capacity.
Answered on 1/20/2012 by Steve from Campmor
How much does this whole package weigh, and can I also buy an extra filter? Thanks!
Asked on 12/29/2011 by Anonymous
Less than 8 oz for this filter system.
replacement filter is not available separately through Campmor. You can contact Sawyer at 800-356-7811
Answered on 12/30/2011 by Steve from Campmor