Coleman's Dual Fuel 2 Mantle 285 Lantern with Hard Case is a great combo that lets you to use the lantern virtually anywhere while the weather resistant case gives you the protection you need when the 285 Lantern is not in use. Dual fuel technology allows it to be run on economical Coleman fuel or unleaded gas up to 7 hours on one full tank. This bright lantern's flame is adjustable from low to high and includes funnel and two # 21 mantles.
- Dual Fuel operation designed to run on Coleman® fuel or unleaded gas
- Illumination time: 7 hours on high, 14 hours on low
- Control valve protected with Heat-Shield System
- High temperature globe, with built-in globe protection
- Built in spring offers globe protection
- Two mantle design for optimal area light, with two #21 mantles included
- Dual Fuel lantern includes durable case with tough, double wall construction
- Fuel filtering funnel included: Fuel capacity: 1.3 pints - Fuel not included
- Fuel Capacity: 1.26 pints
- Size: Lantern: Height; 12.25" Base: 5.125" / Case: Height; 15.41"x Width; 6.75? x 6.75? Depth
- Weight: 5 lbs. (Lantern 4 lb. Case 1 lb.)
I am able to pump up and pressurize my existing Coleman lantern (Coleman liquid fuel), and get it lit, but the flame will flicker and vary in intensity, and will eventually die out. Is this indicative of a fuel flow problem (the lamp is several years old and is used very infrequently) . If so, is this something that just needs to be cleaned out?
Asked on 9/10/2012 by Bill from New Hampshire camper
Our repair department thinks this sounds like a dirty check valve. You would need to remove the pump cup and stem. In this stem is the check valve. You need a special tool available through Coleman. You can contact Coleman at 800-835-3278
Answered on 9/11/2012 by Steve from Campmor
How I have start to light it on? Do I need electric or matches?
Asked on 8/7/2012 by Raven from NYC
You need to ignite the mantles with a match or lighter.
Answered on 8/14/2012 by Anonymous
How many lumans is this lantern. I want to compare it to battery lanterns.
Asked on 8/24/2011 by Tom
There is no specific spec for lumens, we feel this is at least 900 lumens.
Answered on 8/30/2011 by Steve from Campmor