True to its name, the Wilderness Snowshoe is designed to give you ultimate access to just that - the great winter wilderness. Featuring the best, most technical components from Tubbs, these snowshoes are designed for long excursions in the backcountry, steep, icy ascents and descents, and most of what winter can throw at them. Though they're still great for those casual hikes in the local park. Great traction, a top-notch binding system, and durable construction allow you to now hike longer and farther than ever before with these snowshoes.
- Energy efficient and effective, RII delivers shock absorbing lateral flex and quick side slope responsiveness to maintain a natural foot position in all conditions. Full step rotation allows the tail of the snowshoe to drop, shedding snow and allowing the toe crampon to bite deeply.
- The innovative and biomechanical aluminum Fit-Step frame, designed with a slightly upturned, rounded tail, reduces muscular skeletal impact on hip, knee and ankle joints by 10%.
- The easy to use 180 binding combines step in convenience with the 3D fit that Tubbs' patented Control Wings provide. Men's specific, larger and wider asymmetric bindings align the boot directionally as the contoured, padded upper provides pressure free support, a secure fit and added warmth.
- The carbon steel Cobra toe crampon, located under the ball of the foot provides constant penetrating contact in variable snow conditions.
- Active lift 16° heel lift reduces calf fatigue and tendon strain on uphill climbs.
- Tubbs SoftTec decking provides durable, lightweight flotation.
|| 4.5 lbs. (pair)
|| 120-200 lbs.
|| 25 x 8 in.
|| 6000 series aluminum
|| Day hiking with moderately steep slopes
|| Tubbs SofTec
|| carbon steel