Greater battery capacity and larger solar panels allows the Classic2 solar charger to provide power to multiple devices while on the go. A day of direct sunlight on the CLASSIC2 captures enough energy for three charges for most smartphones or tops-off most tablets from half-depleted to a full battery. The CLASSIC2 features a full-sized USB port allowing thousands of devices to easily connect just as they do to a USB wall charger. The ingenious design of the Solio CLASSIC2 allows a pencil to be inserted into a central pivot point to make it possible to track the sun like a sundial. Simply point the CLASSIC2 towards the sun and rotate it until the pencil no longer casts a shadow. Adjust the position of the CLASSIC2 each time the pencil casts a shadow for maximum solar capture efficiency. A full day in full-sun completely charges the battery.
- Powers phones, e-readers, tablets and even bike lights, water purifiers, GPS watches, headlamps and more USB-powered electronics
- Simply connect to the CLASSIC2 using your device's own USB charging cable.
- Holds charge for up to a year. The CLASSIC2 will give most smartphonesthree complete charges
- Charge the CLASSIC2 from the Sun, USB port, or the wall
- The CLASSIC2 1Amp USB output charges target devices at the same rate as a typical wall charger
- Popular smartphones go from empty to full in just under 90 minutes
- When the CLASSIC2 is not spun open to capture energy from the sun, it slides into a compact package that fits in the palm of your hand.
How much does it weigh and what are its dimensions when closed?
Asked on 5/15/2013 by Chaigal from United States
Weight: 10.1 oz.
Store dimensions: 5.8 in x 2.8 in x 1.4 in
Answered on 5/15/2013 by Steve from Campmor
are there different conectors for different phan and pads.
i.e. IPHONE, Droid, IPADs
Asked on 2/2/2013 by rob
As long as the smartphone you want the Solio Classic2 to charge uses a USB or Mini USB plug you will be able to use this charger.
Answered on 2/5/2013 by Anonymous
|Easy to Use:
|| The Solio CLASSIC2 has a single LED push button. When the CLASSIC2 is capturing energy, the LED button lights up RED. Push the button one time and the CLASSIC2 flashes slowly 1 to 5 times to indicate battery level.
|Easy to Use (con't)
|| Next it begins to flash rapidly to indicate power output. Depress the button one more time to turn off the power.
|| 5 Watts
|| Fixed 5V, 1000mA
|| 5-5.5V 450 mAh
|Charge Via Wall Outlet:
|| 6 hours 15 minutes
|Charge Via USB:
|| 6 hours 15 minutes
|Charge Via Solar:
|| 8-10 hours
|| 10.1 oz.
|| 5.8 in x 2.8 in x 1.4 in