The Patagonia Men's Gi III Shorts can just as easily go for an afternoon swim as a weeklong trek through the Sawtooths. Made from a light nylon taslan fabric, they have a gusseted crotch that allows unparalleled hip and leg mobility, a zip fly with button closure and an elastic waist with a built-in adjustable belt with separating buckle. The fabric feels light and supple yet resists abrasion; it has a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and provides UPF 50+ sun protection. Four pockets (all with mesh lining) include two in front, one zippered drop-in at right rear and a zippered right thigh pocket with an internal key loop.
- Constructed of 100% nylon taslan.
- Durable, quick-drying nylon taslan shorts with a DWR finish and 50+ UPF sun protection.
- Elasticized waistband with built-in adjustable belt and separating buckle; zip fly with button closure.
- On-seam front pockets with polyester mesh drain and keep coins secure.
- Right rear, drop-in zip pocket; right thigh, zip pocket with internal key loop; both pockets have polyester mesh that drains.
- Gusseted crotch increases mobility.
- Relaxed fit.
- Avg. weight: 8 oz.
- Avg. inseam: 10 in.
Does it have a built in liner - like a swim suit - kinda like built in underwear?
Asked on 7/8/2014 by Steve from Mill Valley, CA
There is not a mesh liner in these shorts.
Answered on 7/11/2014 by Steve from Campmor
Is the belt removable or sewn in?
What is the dimension of the belt, i.e., is it 5/8", 3/4", 1"?
Asked on 5/31/2013 by Jester from Cleveland
The belt is a 3/4" piece of webbing and yes it is sewn in at the left front before the buckle.
Answered on 6/4/2013 by Matt from Campmor