Aside from stunning landscapes, Southern Patagonia is known for one thing: wet weather. For trekking and hiking in drenching conditions, the Patagonia Women's Torrentshell Jacket provides H2No® Performance Standard protection that's durable, lightweight and simple. The 2.5-layer nylon jacket has a waterproof/breathable barrier, a Deluge® DWR (durable water repellent) finish and stuffs into one of two zippered handwarmer pockets (with a carabiner clip-in loop); the hood rolls down, stows away, and has a laminated visor; the center zipper has exterior and interior storm flaps; and the ventilating pit zips have storm flaps and Deluge DWR-treated zippers. With a microfleece-lined neck, hook-and loop cuff closures and a drawcord hem.
- Constructed of 2.5-layer nylon ripstop shell with a waterproof/breathable H2No® barrier and Deluge® DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- H2No® waterproof breathable barrier provides maximum protection in wet conditions; it blocks wind and water yet allows perspiration to escape
- Two-way adjustable hood with laminated visor rolls down and stows when not in use
- Microfleece-lined neck for comfort and enhanced protection
- Center-front zipper features minimal welt exterior and interior storm flaps that create a zipper-garage chin guard
- Pit zips for added ventilation with storm flaps and Deluge® DWR-treated zippers
- Self-fabric hook-and-loop cuff closures
- Pockets: two handwarmers, one internal mesh drop-in
- Drawcord hem seals out wind and rain
- Regular fit allows for layering and freedom of movement.
- Avg. weight: 11.3 oz.
is the front zipper a 2 way zipper?
is the fabric noisy?
Asked on 11/4/2013 by Fran from Syracuse, NY
The zipper is a single 1 way tooth zipper. The material is a ripstop nylon so it will be noisier than a peached or textured nylon.
Answered on 11/7/2013 by Steve from Campmor
how long is the average jacket?
Asked on 5/7/2013 by Linda from Boston
Average length: 28 in.
Answered on 5/8/2013 by Steve from Campmor