CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO
The new and improved Mountaineer snowshoe is burlier than ever to give you the go-anywhere, do-anything versatility you need to reach for the peaks or explore uncharted territory. The Pro-Step frame combines a continuous frame bend with a longer, lower rise for improved ergonomics and flotation, without sacrificing packability while the women's-specific ActiveFit binding provides a combination of control, support, comfort and ease of use. The Anaconda crampon delivers secure and precise footing with 8-point, razor-sharp teeth that penetrate in all types of terrain.
- Women's-specific, asymmetric ActiveFit+ binding provides the perfect combination of control, support, comfort and ease of use. Patented Control Wings center the heel, while dual pivot point and padded midfoot deliver a custom fit without pressure points.
- Energy efficient and effective, RII Revolution Response delivers shock absorbing lateral flex and quick side slope responsiveness to maintain a natural foot position in all conditions.
- Full step rotation allows the tail of the snowshoe to drop, shedding snow and allowing the toe crampon to bite deeply.
- The Pro-Step frame combines a continuous frame bend with longer, lower rise for improved flotation. The lower height nose packs easily, while the tail bend reduces impact on your joints. Ergonomically tapered frame shape fits a woman's gait.
- The razor-sharp, carbon steel Anaconda toe crampon has eight sharp teeth that provide constant contact in all types of terrain.
- The aggressive Python heel crampon, centered under the boot, delivers enhanced downhill braking traction.
- Tubbs SoftTec decking provides durable, lightweight flotation.
I am very interested in these snowshoes but am concerned about the bindings. I currently have a pair of Red Feather, Trek 360 but the bindings let my foot slide all over the place. Are these Tubbs known to be any better?
Asked on 12/24/2013 by TC
The Tubbs Women's Mountaineer Snowshoe have a vastly superior binding over the Trek 360. There are side winds to the Tubbs binding and a toe cup. The Tubbs binding really keeps your foot tracking forward and reduces horizontal sliding of your foot in the snowshoe. The single pull tightening system is great to use with gloves and mitts.
Answered on 12/30/2013 by Steve from Campmor
|| Women's Mountaineer Series
|User Weight (including any gear):
|| 21 in.: 80-150 lbs. 25 in.: 120-200 lbs.
|| Backcountry/Mountaineering/Steep and Icy terrain
|Frame Dimensions (LxW)(inches):
|| 21 x 8 in. 25 x 8 in.
|| (21): 4.3 lbs. (25): 4.5 lbs.
|| Tubbs SofTec
|| 6000 series aluminum
|| Carbon Steel