Packed with MSR's latest technologies, the Women's Lightning Axis snowshoes represent a giant leap in snowshoeing performance, ease and comfort. First, the new Axis Gait Efficiency system allows you to laterally adjust bindings independently of the frame, ensuring efficient, parallel-tracking snowshoes regardless of natural toe-out and toe-in stances. Combined with an aggressive and low-profile 360ø Traction frame adapted for a women's narrow gait, these shoes offer absolute snowshoeing efficiency. In addition, new SpeedLock bindings offer set-it and forget-it simplicity with all-terrain comfort. New Ergo Televators save you on the steeps and, of course, you get the benefit of Modular Flotation tails to provide you with the confidence and versatility you want across a broad range of snowshoeing experiences. (sold seperately)
- Low-profile, women's 360ø Traction frames plus Pivot crampons deliver advanced, edge-to-edge grip, delivering unmatched traction and security on any terrain, in any conditions.
- World's first bilateral binding adjustment neutralizes variances in natural foot positions to ensure a parallel stride.
- Set it and forget it SpeedLock binding system, is glove-friendly adjustment and comfort, plus an optional, included strap for maximum security on challenging terrain.
- Ergo Televators reduce fatigue and increase traction on the steeps, with a new, ergonomic design that engages with a simply flick of a pole grip.
- Modular Flotation tails allow you the maneuverability of a smaller, primary snowshoe with the optional, on-demand flotation 5-inch (13-cm) tails. (Campmor # 71507)
- Made in the USA
What are the main differences between the MSR Women's lightning ascent and lightning axis snowshoes? Thank you and I am looking forward to your response.
Asked on 2/8/2013 by Adam G. from Hudson, NH
The Lightning Ascent has a four strap binding which is more secure. The Posi-lock has one on the heel and three on the front. The Lightning Axis has a speed binding which can be run on two straps.
Answered on 2/8/2013 by Anonymous
|| Women's Lightning Axis
|User Weight (including any gear):
|| 22 in.: up to 180 lbs. (up to 240 lbs w/tails) 25 in.: 120-210 lbs. (120-270 lbs w/tails)
|| Cross Country Excusions/Flat To Moderately Steep Terrain
|Frame Dimensions (LxW)(inches):
|| (22): 22 x 7.25 in. (25): 25 x 7.5 in.
|| (22): 3 lbs 12 oz (25): 3 lbs. 15 oz
|| Hardened Steel