The Steripen Sidewinder Purifier is the first battery free, portable UV water purifier. It features an exclusive UV system that destroys waterborne bacteria, viruses and protozoa such as giardia and cryptosporidium. It's hand powered system is as efficient as it is effective: just 90 seconds to purify one liter of water. Attach it to the filled bottle, flip the assembly and unfold the handle. Water sensors will ensure that the entire volume is zapped by germicidal UV light. Crank the handle until the flashing red LED indicates optimum speed. Continue cranking until the flashing green LED indicates water purification is complete. The Sidewinder Purification system includes a one-liter Tritan BPA free bottle and Steripen Pre Filter for use prior to treatment if the water contains particulates. Essential in emergency situations when the fresh water supply is disrupted, the Sidewinder lets you crank up safe water anywhere, any time. It's also economical too. It purifies up to 8,000 liters in at less than two cents per liter, about 5 cents per gallon.
- Easy to use; 90 seconds purifies 1 liter of water
- Eco friendly , no batteries needed
- Extremely packable and portable
- No parts to replace or filters to clean
- Steripen® UV light destroys bacteria, viruses and protozoa such as giardia in seconds
- Steripen brand sets the standards for fast, light, easy and effective water purification.
- Size: 8.6" x 5.5" x 3.8" (21.8 cm x 14 cm x 9.7 cm)
- Weight: 16.6 oz. (471 g).
- 1 liter bottle included.
what's the warranty and is there any plans to make the lite replaceable
Asked on 2/29/2012 by rick from wisconsin
Campmor offers a 1 year warranty on all its products so within the first year if you had a problem with the product it would get returned to us. Beyond that, Steri Pen has a 3 year warranty so after the first year the item would be returned to Steri Pen for warranty issues. The UV light on the item is replaceable if you send the item back to the manufacturer.
Answered on 3/1/2012 by Betty