The Garmin Montana 650 is great for hiking, hunting, and on the water, and while you're out exploring take geotagged pictures to you can share with your friends when you get home. It features a 4 in., sunlight-readable touchscreen dual orientation display. It's easy-to-use interface means you'll spend more time enjoying the outdoors and less time searching for information. It also has key features for the outdoors such as a 3-axis tilt-compensated compass and barometric altimeter.
- Includes TOPO U.S. 100K maps as well as other mapping options such as TOPO 24K, BlueChart® g2, BirdsEye Satellite Imagery and Custom Maps
- MicroSD card slot so you can load additional maps.
- Includes a 5 megapixel camera; each photo is automatically geotagged with the location of where it was taken
- Both durable and waterproof, Montana 650 is built to withstand the elements
- Shares waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly with other compatible Garmin GPS users
- Locates your position quickly and precisely and maintains it even in heavy cover and deep canyons
- Includes a built-in 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass and barometric altimeter
- Features a one-of-a-kind dual battery system; you can use the rechargeable lithium-ion pack or traditional AA batteries
- Supports geocaching GPX files for downloading geocaches and details straight to your unit
- Logs everything (waypoints, tracks, caches, etc.) on your calendar so you can review (or brag) about your accomplishments later
- Changes to "night mode" automatically so your eyes stay focused even when the sun goes down
- Includes a QWERTY keyboard so you can find what you need and take notes faster
- Helps you keep your bearings straight by letting you to lock your screen to keep it from shifting directions (portrait to landscape or vice versa)
- A fully customizable home screen allows you to bring up to 16 items from "Where To?," "Setup" and "Shortcuts" to your home screen so you can easily access them without having to click between screens.
- Reorder any menu however you like with this new feature, which keeps you from constantly scrolling to the bottom of a long list.
1. Can I purchase a mapping card that will add Quetico Provincial Park located in southern Ontario Canada. I plan on revisiting the BWCA and Quetico this year. I have never used a GPS for my trips in the past but would like to this year. 2. If yes, who makes it and do you sell it.
Asked on 7/4/2014 by Jack from Smithville, TN
You can purchase that through Garmin,
Answered on 7/9/2014 by Steve from Campmor
do i have to pay for the TOPO 24K maps
Asked on 6/20/2014 by bob from United States
The Montana 650T comes with a 100K base map. The 24K need to be purchased and down loaded from Garmin.
Answered on 6/24/2014 by Steve from Campmor
How long will battery last on multiple days hike?
Is there any accessories for charging the device other than electrical sources in town?
Asked on 6/8/2013 by Jim from Florida
Obviously if you have the back light on and are always pinging for way points you will get less battery life. This said on a lithium ion battery 16 hours and on a alkaline AA 22 hours.
Answered on 6/12/2013 by Steve from Campmor
Does this product come with all Australian mapping included already installed or will I have to continually purchase additional maps and improvements when I visit a new location?
Asked on 6/22/2012 by Jake from Melbourne, Vic
Can it provide MGRS coordinates?
Asked on 5/2/2012 by Anonymous
The Garmin Montana 650T will provide MGRS coordinates.
Answered on 5/7/2012 by Steve from Campmor
|| 2.9" x 5.7" x 1.4" (7.48 x 14.42 x 3.64 cm)
|| 2"W x 3.5"H (5.06 x 8.93 cm); 4" diag (10.2 cm)
|| 10.2 oz (289 g) with included lithium-ion battery pack; 11.7 oz (333 g) with 3 AA batteries (not included)
|| rechargeable lithium-ion (included) or 3 AA batteries (not included); NiMH or Lithium recommended
|| up to 16 hours (lithium-ion); up to 22 hours (AA batteries)
|| 272 x 480 pixels - Display is bright, transflective 65k color TFT, dual-orientation touchscreen; sunlight readable
|| yes (IPX7)
|| high-speed USB and NMEA 0183 compatible
|| 10,000 points, 200 saved tracks