If you need an insulated jacket in spring squalls, a sleek micro-belay parka on chilly rock routes, or a thermal midlayer, throw on the Patagonia Men's Nano Puff Jacket and head out the door. The wind-blocking, moisture-shedding 100% recycled polyester shell glides effortlessly, worn by itself or as a midlayer. Low-bulk, hydrophobic, highly compressible PrimaLoft ONE (60-g) insulation traps heat with remarkable efficiency, even when wet. The improved fit has more shaping through the torso and waist, and a soft, wicking interior storm flap and zipper garage for chin comfort when zipped up. The classic quilt pattern has added horizontal quilt lines on the side panels, with a burly thread used for enhanced durability. The jacket stuffs away into an internal zippered chest pocket that has a carabiner clip-in loop. It also has two zippered handwarmer pockets, elasticized cuffs and a dual-adjust drawcord hem to seal out wind and seal in warmth.
- Outer shell constructed of 100% recycled polyester with a Deluge DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
- Lightweight 60-g PrimaLoft One insulation provides excellent warmth and compressibility.
- Brick quilting pattern, with horizontal quilt lines on side panels, uses durable thread for improved abrasion-resistance.
- Center front zipper has wicking interior storm flap and zipper garage at chin for next-to-skin comfort
- Two zippered handwarmer pockets have clean finished zipper garages.
- Zippered internal chest pocket doubles as a self-stuff sack with a reinforced carabiner clip-in loop.
- Drawcord-adjustable drop tail hem seals out wind.
- Regular fit.
- Avg. weight: 11.8 oz.
I work on the north slope of Alaska and need a jacket that is rated for -20 to -40. What do you suggest
Asked on 8/22/2013 by Dan from Juneau,AK
This jacket would not work in those frigid conditions even if you layered. You could check out the Mammut Ambler which will keep you warm but not dry. http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___88703
For a jacket to keep you dry we suggest a 3-in-1 like the Triclimate offered by the North Face as well.
Answered on 8/29/2013 by Matt from Campmor