With a magnification range from 8X to 16X, the UCF II Zoom binocular gives you incredible zooming ability with the convenience of a compact design. Features include an innovative dual-axis eye distance adjustment system, multi-coated optical elements, and high-refraction BaK-4 glass prisms. Perfect for the viewer on the go- whether it's bird watching, sporting events, wildlife, of indoor performance viewing.
- Aspheric lens elements enhance edge-to-edge sharpness.
- In-line control system positions zooming, focusing, and diopter adjustment together.
- Pop-out right diopter adjustment knob.
- Includes neck strap, carry case, and eyepiece lens caps.
- Type: porro-prism center focusing, linked dual-axis
- Objective lens: 2 elements in one group
- Eyepiece lens: 4 elements in 3 groups
- Magnification: 8X to 16X
- Objective lens diameter: 21 mm
- Angle of view: 5.0 (8X) to 3.0 (16X) degrees
- Apparent field of view: 40 (8X) to 48 (16X) degrees
- Field of view @ 1000 m: 87 m (8X) to 52 m (16 X)
- Field of view @ 1000 yd: 261 ft (8X) to 156 ft (16X)
- Exit pupil: 2.6 mm to 1.3 mm
- Eye relief: 14 mm to 11 mm
- Prism: BaK-4
- Multi-layer coating: yes
- Relative brightness: 6.7 to 1.7
- Diopter adjustment range: center knob pop-up
- Eye distance adjustment range: 56 to 73.5 mm
- Focusing range: approx. 3 m to infinity
- Eyepiece ring: helicoid type
- Water-resistant: no
- Weight: 12.6 oz.
What is significance of numbers ( 8 - 16X21). I am planning Safari to East Africa. I want compact binoculars. Not sure of magnification. Any suggestions?
Asked on 2/27/2014 by Richard from New York
The Pentax 8-16 x 21 UCF II Zoom Binocular has the magnification power from 8 to 16. The 21 number represents the objective lens diameter in milimeters.
Answered on 3/3/2014 by Bob from Campmor
are these binoculars waterproof
Asked on 10/4/2012 by knight from customer service
The Pentax 8 -16 x 21 UCF II Zoom Binocular are waterproof for rain, but not for submersion in water.
Answered on 10/4/2012 by Steve from Campmor
|| 8x - 16x
|| Rubber Coated
|Field Of View
|| 261 feet
|| 9.8 feet
|| 11 mm
|| 4.4 x 4.4 inches
|| 10.9 oz