Pentax Papilio binoculars are the perfect choice for insect observation in the field and in museum and galleries. The enhanced observation capability of the Papilio binoculars is made possible by a Pentax Convergent Lens Optical System Engineering (CLOSE) mechanism. CLOSE automatically slides the left and right objective lenses toward the center when the focus is fixed at a short distance.
- Revolutionary, dual-axis, single body housing with synchronized eye-piece adjustment to assure correct optical alignment for comfortable viewing.
- Fast and easy center focusing for handling ease.
- Helicoid eyepiece rings for extra viewing comfort.
- Fully multi-coated optics to eliminate harmful ultraviolet rays while improving light transmission for high contrast images with no glare.
- High-quality BaK-4 prisms transmit more light at the edges to enhance illumination.
- Tough rubber-coated exterior provides a sure grip and protects the internal mechanisms.
- Includes neck strap, carry case, and eyepiece lens caps.
- Type: porro-prism center focusing
- Objective lens: 2 elements in one group
- Eyepiece lens: 5 elements in 5 groups
- Magnification: 6.5X
- Objective lens diameter: 21 mm
- Angle of view: 7.5 degrees
- Apparent field of view: 49 degrees
- Field of view @ 1000 m: 131 m
- Field of view @ 1000 yd: 393 ft
- Exit pupil: 3.2 mm
- Eye relief: 15 mm
- Prism: BaK-4
- Multi-layer coating: yes
- Relative brightness: 10.2
- Diopter adjustment range: click-stop adjuster in eyepiece
- Eye distance adjustment range: 2.2 - 2.9"
- Focusing range: approx. 0.5 m to infinity
- Eyepiece ring: helicoid type
- Vergence correction: focus-coupled correction mechanism
- Water-resistant: yes
- Weight: 10.2 oz.
|| Rubber Coated
|Field Of View
|| 393 feet
|| 10 feet
|| 15 mm
|| 4.5 x 4.3inches
|| 10.2 oz