A versatile, extremely stable pole with their game-changing Z-Pole technology, the Black Diamond Distance meets the everyday demands of day hikers, backpackers and trail runners. Much like their avalanche probes, their speed cone deployment employs a coated inner Kevlar cord and conical shaft ends for quick and strong alignment. You simply grab the grip and the first shaft section, and pull them away from each other. The pole will snap into place and lock. Each speed cone guides a shaft section into place and stiffens the joint when the pole is locked. They also have a lightweight EVA grip with mini extension for quick choke-ups on steep inclines and interchangeable tips for variable trail surfaces.
- Aluminum shafts
- 3-section folding design with speed cone deployment
- Z-Pole technology allows the poles to have an extremely short pack length and makes them very compact.
- Lightweight EVA foam grip and breathable, moisture-wicking wrist strap
- Non-slip foam mini grip extension for secure choke ups
- Includes interchangeable, non-marking Z-pole Rubber Tips, Z-pole Carbide Tips and stow bag
- Stopper basket with shaft catcher secures folded sections
- Color: Silver and Red
- NOTE: 3-season Z-Poles do not accept, or have fittings for snow or powder baskets.
- 100: Usable Length 100cm (39 in.), Collapsed Length 33cm (13 in.), Weight 330g. (11.6 oz/pair)
- 110: Usable Length 110cm (43 in.), Collapsed Length 36.5cm (14.4 in.), Weight 340g. (12 oz/pair)
- 120: Usable Length 120cm (47 in.), Collapsed Length 40cm (15.7 in.), Weight 350g. (12.3 oz/pair)
- 130: Usable Length 130cm (51 in.), Collapsed Length 43cm (17 in.), Weight 360g. (12.7 oz/pair)
- Fold Small
- No Friction Locks To Slip
- Smooth Poles No Snag
- Very Fast To Deployfold
- Does Not Accept Leki Tips
- Must Buy Correct Length
- Need Rubber Tipprotectors
- No length adjustment
- Back Or Hip Surgery Aid
- Urban Hiking
- Wildnerness Hiking
Is the price for a pair of z poles?
Asked on 7/6/2014 by Moondoggy
The Black Diamond Distance Z-Pole Trekking Poles come as one price for a pair.
Answered on 7/8/2014 by Matt from Campmor
I am 5' 4" . What size should I order?
Asked on 6/28/2014 by Joanne from Northfield ma
Measure with your arm at a 90 degree like you were walking with the poles. Measure from where your hand is to the ground. If you are measuring in centimeters order the appropriate length. If measuring in inches multiply the inch measurement by 2.54.
Answered on 7/1/2014 by Steve from Campmor
Does this come as a pair?
Asked on 11/21/2013 by K T from Vancouver, bc
The Black Diamond Distance Z-Pole Trekking Poles come as a pair.
Answered on 11/21/2013 by Steve from Campmor
I'm 5'6". What size do I need?
Asked on 8/31/2013 by Ellie from Vermont
The Black Diamond Z-Pole Trekking poles in the 110 cm size would be recommended for someone who is 5'6" in height.
Answered on 9/3/2013 by Bob from Campmor
I'm 6ft tall what is the length hiking poles I should order? 110?
Asked on 6/25/2013 by Dreamer from FL
At 6 foot order a 130 cm.
Answered on 6/26/2013 by Steve from Campmor