The Big Agnes Dream Island is a double wide rectangular bag designed for couples . It offers warmth to 15 degrees and protection from moisture with Thermolite® Quallofil synthetic insulation. Thermolite® Quallofil has short staple fibers with a patented seven - hole construction that traps air in the fibers to create it's insulating value. The Buffalo Park includes Big Agnes' integrated pad sleeve system which is different than the traditional sleeping bag on top of a sleeping pad. Instead, they unite the two. With Big Agnes, the pad slides into an integrated sleeve on the bottom of the bag, and the top two-thirds of the bag is insulated in the traditional style. When insulation material is compressed under your body, it loses most of its ability to insulate. They eliminate the unnecessary bottom insulation and replace it with a sleeve to accommodate the pad which provides the insulation. It requires two 25 in. wide by 78 in long rectangular pads (sold separately).Features:
- Integrated pad sleeve. Never roll off your pad again
- Rectangular shape offers more room in foot box and shoulders
- Shell: Nylon rip-stop. WR surface treatment to repel water
- Lining: Soft, breathable Cotton/Polyester with stain resistant finish.
- 70 in. YKK #8 zippers on each side of the bag.
- No-draft collar seals around neck to keep cold air from sneaking in
- No-draft wedge insulates the connection between the bag and pad
- No-draft zipper tube insulates along the length of the zipper
- Requires two 25 in. wide by 78 in long rectangular pads (sold separately)
- Single layer Thermolite® Quallofil synthetic insulation. Thermolite® Quallofil has short staple fibers with a patented seven - hole construction that traps air in the fibers to create it's insulating value.
- Built in pillow pocket holds a fleece or Big Agnes pillow
- Interior fabric loops for sleeping bag liners
- Cotton storage sack and Nylon stuff sack included
- Stuff Sack Size: 8" x 17.5"
- Compressed Size: 12" x 14"
- Color: Rust/Coal
What is the maximum thickness of sleeping pad that can be used with the Big Agnes Dream Island 15 Degree Double Sleeping Bag?
Asked on 12/16/2013 by 10th Planet
You could use a 3.5 in thick sleeping pad.
Answered on 12/23/2013 by Steve from Campmor
can this bag be used as two separate sleeping bags
Asked on 7/10/2013 by don from avery ca
This bag can only be used as a double.
Answered on 7/11/2013 by Matt from Campmor
Packed size is listed as 12x23 inches. Can this bag be packed smaller with a stuff sack?
Asked on 3/18/2013 by Jeff from Cortez, Co
I believe you are referring to a compression sack. You would probably be able to reduce the stuff size by 20%. Some thing like 9.6 x 18.5".
Compressor Stuff Bags Superhttp://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___41124
Answered on 3/19/2013 by Steve from Campmor
Just wondering if the pockets for the sleeping pads are big enough to work with the 3.5" thick Thermarest Dreamtime pads.
Asked on 12/25/2012 by Adamant from Bend, Oregon
The Dreamtime would be too thick and wide a pad to use with the Dream Island Double bag.
Answered on 12/26/2012 by Steve from Campmor
the sleeping pad(s) included? What type of sleeping pad is needed?
Asked on 6/6/2012 by Anonymous
A sleeping pad is not included. That would have to be purchased separately. Depending on how much you want to spend, you can purchase self inflating pad which come in varying thicknesses or a closed cell foam pad.
Answered on 6/7/2012 by Betty
The pads are not included. We have a different model Big Agnes double bag, and use Big Agnes pads. We absolutely LOVE our double bag! There is plenty of room, it is warm, and light in weight because you pack the pads separately. I have an insulated pad, my hubby has an uninsulated one, but we stay very comfortable. Due to the size of the pad pockets, I'd recommend getting Big Agnes pads. Some other brands are wider, and will not fit. My hubby is tall and has a long pad. It doesn't fit the length of the sleeve, but it still works pretty well. Hope this helps!
Answered on 9/12/2012 by SportyMaineGal from Henrico, VA
|| 86 in. X 68 in. x 55 in.
|| 6ft. 6 in.
|| 72 oz.
|Avg. Total Wt.
|| 9lbs 5 oz
|| 12 in. X 23 in.
|| Thermolite® Quallofil synthetic insulation
|| Breathable Cotton/Polyester
|| Rip-stop Nylon with WR finish
|| Zippers on each side