The Big Agnes Women's Lulu sleeping bag offers warmth to 15 degrees and protection from moisture with INTEGRITY; Short Staple synthetic insulation with 97% recycled content; feels as warm and soft as down. The Lulu is designed just for women and includes the company's popular integrated pad sleeve system which is different than the traditional sleeping bag on top of a sleeping pad. Instead, they unite the two. With Big Agnes, the pad slides into an integrated sleeve on the bottom of the bag, and the top two-thirds of the bag is insulated in the traditional style. When insulation material is compressed under your body, it loses most of its ability to insulate. They eliminate the unnecessary bottom insulation and replace it with a sleeve to accommodate the pad which provides the insulation. Petite length requires a 20 in. x 66 in. pad (sold separately).Features:
- Integrated pad sleeve. Never roll off your pad again
- Extra 2 in. of girth in hip area
- Extra insulation in foot and core areas
- Extra 2 in. of length in the foot box of the petite size accommodates up to 5'8 in.
- Shell: Nylon rip-stop. WR surface treatment to repel water
- Lining: Soft, breathable nylon with stain resistant finish.
- Pad sleeve: Nylon rip-stop. WR surface treatment to repel water.
- Petite length requires a 20 in. x 66 in. pad (sold separately)
- Mates to other bags with a 60 in. YKK #8 zippers
- Rectangular shape offers more room in foot box and shoulders
- No-draft collar seals around neck to keep cold air from sneaking in
- No-draft wedge insulates the connection between the bag and pad
- No-draft zipper tube insulates along the length of the zipper
- A-Flex: A synthetic construction technique which combines layers of 'flexed' insulation with smaller 'anchor' pieces to connect them. The 'flexed' layers increase loft and trapped air space and the 'anchors' maximize heat containment by eliminating gaps and creating more air pockets.
- Built in pillow pocket holds a fleece or Big Agnes pillow
- Interior fabric loops for sleeping bag liners
- Cotton storage sack & nylon stuff sack included
- Stuff Bag Size: 9" x 20"
- Compressed Sixe: 8.5" x 9"
- Color: Raspberry/Grey
Can you use 2 pads with r value of 2.0 to get 4.0? If so, would 2 therm-a-rest z-lites fit in the pocket?
Asked on 8/14/2013 by sue from United States
It is not so much the thickness as the width of the pads. As long as the pads you would choice are 20" wide you could use 2 thermarest. You can use a thermarest basecamp that has a R rating of 5 and is 2" thick.
Answered on 8/15/2013 by Steve from Campmor
What sort of r-value do you want with to make this bag tolerable at 20 degrees F?
Asked on 8/13/2013 by sue from United States
Does the zipper go on around the bottom and unzip from the bottom? My feet get very warm and I like to have them out to cool off.
Asked on 6/2/2013 by camperVickie from Santa Cruz, CA
They zip down to the foot but not around the foot.
Answered on 6/4/2013 by Steve from Campmor
|| 74 in. X 34 in. x 27"
|| 5 ft. 8 in.
|| 22 oz.
|Avg. Total Wt.
|| 3 lbs 2 oz
|| 9 in. X 20 in.
|| Integrity Synthetic Insulation
|| Breathable Taffeta Nylon
|| Rip-stop Nylon with WR finish
|| Right and Left side zippers
|| Raspberry/ Grey