The Big Agnes Encampment sleeping bag offers warmth to 15 degrees and protection from moisture with INTEGRITY; Short Staple synthetic insulation with 97% recycled content; feels as warm and soft as down. The Encampment includes the company's popular integrated pad sleeve system which is different than the traditional sleeping bag on top of a sleeping pad. Instead, they unite the two. With Big Agnes, the pad slides into an integrated sleeve on the bottom of the bag, and the top two-thirds of the bag is insulated in the traditional style. When insulation material is compressed under your body, it loses most of its ability to insulate. They eliminate the unnecessary bottom insulation and replace it with a sleeve to accommodate the pad which provides the insulation. Requires a 20 in. wide rectangular pad (sold separately).Features:
- Integrated pad sleeve. Never roll off your pad again
- Rectangular shape offers more room in foot box and shoulders
- Shell: Nylon rip-stop. WR surface treatment to repel water
- Lining: Soft, breathable nylon with stain resistant finish.
- Pad sleeve: Nylon rip-stop. WR surface treatment to repel water.
- 60 in. YKK #8 zipper. Mate together our left and right zip bags with same size zipper
- No-draft collar seals around neck to keep cold air from sneaking in
- No-draft wedge insulates the connection between the bag and pad
- No-draft zipper tube insulates along the length of the zipper
- Requires a 20 in. wide rectangular pad (sold separately)
- A-Flex: A synthetic construction technique which combines layers of 'flexed' insulation with smaller 'anchor' pieces to connect them. The 'flexed' layers increase loft and trapped air space and the 'anchors' maximize heat containment by eliminating gaps and creating more air pockets.
- Built in pillow pocket holds a fleece or Big Agnes pillow
- Interior fabric loops for sleeping bag liners
- Cotton storage sack & nylon stuff sack included
- Stuff Bag Size: 8" x 17.5"
- Compression Size: 8.5" x 9"
- Color: Red/Grey
I am 5'7" and 215lbs. The bag says that it fits to 5'8", should I be looking at the small or regular encampment bag?
Asked on 9/1/2013 by Kent from VA
Does this bag work with any pad? If you can't afford the big agnes pad yet....can you slip any foam pad or thermarest in there?
Asked on 7/9/2012 by Heather from United States
This will work with any 20 inch wide pad hwever you need to be concious of the R Value of the pad since the sleeping bag has no bottom insulation. The pad will be providing the only insulation on the bottom side of the pad so R value of the pad would have to be high enough to keep you warm.
Answered on 7/9/2012 by Anonymous
If you get one bag in small and the opposite zipper in medium or large (same brand and model), are they mate-able?
Asked on 6/5/2012 by Elaina from true northern California
Yes, the zippers are made to mate tegather.
Answered on 6/7/2012 by Betty
|| 74 in. x 34 in. x 27 in.
|| 5 ft. 8 in.
|| 22 oz.
|Avg. Total Wt.
|| 2 lbs 15 oz
|| 8 in. X 17.5 in.
|| Integrity Synthetic Insulation
|| Breathable Taffeta Nylon
|| Rip-stop Nylon with WR finish
|| Right and Left side zippers
|| Red/ Grey/ Black