The Big Agnes Gunn Creek sleeping bag offers warmth to 30 degrees and protection from moisture with INTEGRITY: Short Staple synthetic insulation with 97% recycled content, feels as warm and soft as down. The Gunn Creek includes Big Agnes' integrated pad sleeve system which is different than the traditional sleeping bag on top of a sleeping pad. Instead, they unite the two. With Big Agnes, the pad slides into an integrated sleeve on the bottom of the bag, and the top two-thirds of the bag is insulated in the traditional style. When insulation material is compressed under your body, it loses most of its ability to insulate. They eliminate the unnecessary bottom insulation and replace it with a sleeve to accommodate the pad which provides the insulation.Features:
- Integrated pad sleeve. Never roll off your pad again
- Rectangular shape offers more room in foot box and shoulders
- Shell: Nylon rip-stop. WR surface treatment to repel water
- Lining: Soft, breathable nylon with stain resistant finish.
- 70 in. YKK #8 zipper. Mate together our left and right zip bags with same size zipper
- No-draft collar seals around neck to keep cold air from sneaking in
- No-draft wedge insulates the connection between the bag and pad
- No-draft zipper tube insulates along the length of the zipper
- Requires a 20 in. wide rectangular pad (sold separately)
- Insotect A-Shingo is the advanced shingle insulation system that perfects the world's most popular outdoor gear construction design for enhanced heat retention. Insotect A-Shingo holds vital body heat right next to your skin. Protective "air pockets" deliver an additional thermal barrier between you and the cold outside air. In adding to the already proven shingle insulation system, Insotect A-Shingo actually reduced system weight. Anchor Technology delivers a serious thermal upgrade, while using less insulation, for a system that's super lightweight.
- Built in pillow pocket holds a fleece or Big Agnes pillow
- Interior fabric loops for sleeping bag liners
- Cotton storage sack & nylon stuff sack included
- Color: Black/Grey
Can this bag be used effectivelt with my roll up pad I currently have, or will I have to purchase a fitted pad?
Asked on 12/9/2012 by Chuck from Gainesville, Ga.
As long as the rollup pad you have fits within the sleeve of the Gunn Creek. If your pad is no more than 27"wide it should work well.
Answered on 12/13/2012 by Steve from Campmor
|| 80.5 in. X 35 in. X 27
|| 5 ft. 10 in.
|| 20 oz.
|Avg. Total Wt.
|| 2 lbs 13 oz
|| 8 in. X 17.5 in.
|| Integrity Synthetic insulation
|| Breathable Taffeta Nylon
|| Rip-stop Nylon with WR finish
|| Right and Left side zippers
|| Black/ Grey/ Red