Danner® builds the Zigzag with the Synergy heel system and a dual-density midsole for long lasting support on your hike without the added weight. Its triple stitching and full-grain leather help you go the distance, and is an ideal choice for people who want serious support. The result is a hiking boot that's got what it takes to get you to the peak, and back down again.
- 100% waterproof and breathable GORE-TEX® liner is engineered to keep you feet dry and comfortable - even in extreme conditions.
- Full-grain and nubuck leather upper offer protection in cold and wet environments.
- EVA dual-density platform provides lightweight athletic performance with maximum support and cushioning on the trails.
- Abrasion resistant toe cap for protection in high wear areas.
- Synergy heel system optimizes responsive fit by locking the heel into the pocket and allows for a lower volume fit.
- Danner® Trailguard outsole features unique acceleration and braking zones combined with traditional lug patterns in the center of the foot for superior traction on varied surfaces.
- Co-molded ESS plate for underfoot protection and stability.
- 6 inch boot height.
- Weight: 2 lbs. 10 oz. (pair)
I am going top climb for the first time in the rockies in the summer - more of a hike up the mountain -castle peak.
Do you think this boot is a good one for that?
Asked on 3/30/2011 by Ray from st.louis
Danner Zigzag Trail GTX Mens Hiking Boot would work very well for hiking up Castle Peak. Good ankle support and foot support in the mid sole and the heel counter.
Answered on 4/1/2011 by Steve from Campmor