The New Balance Women's WX20 Minimalist Shoe is a whole new approach to footwear, a place on the spectrum between barefoot running and the traditional maximum-cushioning running shoe. It is inspired by Good Form Running and designed to be worn with or without socks. The Minimus Cross-Trainer embodies both elegant simplicity and technical advancement. With its padded collar and deliberate lace placement, the New Balance WX20 is engineered to keep your ankle stabilized in an ideal position. Tremendously comfortable, it also offers lightweight enhancements like rubber outsole insets for optimal traction. This revolutionary shoe brings barefoot-caliber performance to your gym and circuit workouts while still providing the protection and versatility of more traditional trainers.
- Designed to be worn with or without socks.
- 4mm drop from heel to toe, as little as a third of that of a traditional running shoe
- IMEVA (injection-molded EVA foam) midsole for firm yet flexible cushioning
- Rubber insets on outsole for traction
- Odor resistant
- Welded seams, a no-sew material application, reduce weight and prevent chafing
- Comfort collar features anatomically positioned foam pads that lock-in the heel and cushion around the ankle
- Synthetic/Mesh upper provides lightweight comfort and support
Is this sneaker appropriate for a 75 year old in a rehab center? She has been bed-ridden for a month and is undergoing therapy.
Asked on 9/25/2012 by therese from New Jersey
It won't give side to side support for a senior citizen who's in a rehab center. I would encourage something with more cushioning and a firmer upper.
Answered on 9/25/2012 by Betty